Sunday, December 12, 2010

MC Script

218 Meet MC
Theme: Be Happy. It is One way of being wise
WOD Celebration - Festivity

Thank you Gama for that nice introduction.
Fellow Toastmasters and guests.
To be Wise, be happy says Colette. I wondered if happiness creates intelligence. I was convinced in a short while. This is with my experience. I observed that when I was happy, I really did not do anything foolish. Even if I did one, I did it with enthusiasm, energy and people appreciated. So, I understood that the best way to do an activity is to do it with energy, enthusiasm and be happy to celebrate the result. The best example whom I could think was Charlie Chaplin. Reading his biography where he had to face tough situations in his personal life, we all know him as an entertainer. He was able to gain the name just because he kept himself happy in spite of his problems. The three best ways to be happy are
1. Do not want more
2. Do not compare
3. Do not criticize
To proceed with the meeting, let me describe the format of a TM meeting for the benefit of the guests. The session contains 3 parts.
Prepared Speech session
Table topics session
Evaluation session
In prepared speech session, members prepare speeches according to the competent communicator manual and come and deliver their speeches. The manual is designed to improve our public speaking skills in a structured manner. Proj 1 help us to introduce ourselves while we network. Project 2 to project 6 help us in practicing the various attributes in public speaking like structuring our thoughts, talking with involvement, words which we use, body language and voice. Project 7 to Project 10 help us in research, presentation , persuasion and inspiration.
The second session is a table topic session. This requires no preparation. Members/non members will be invited and asked to speak on a topic for 2 min.
The last session for today is the evaluation session. Here we have an general evaluator who will observe the proceedings of the meeting and finally deliver his opinion on the good happenings and improvement areas.
Today we have an toastmaster, who has consistently won the best speaker award for all his speeches. He is a charted accountant with GE. I request Joydeep nag to explain his role as a GE to all of us.

The great way to start the year is to be happy. Happy on celebration. Happy as today we have 5 inspiring speakers taking their projects from competent communicator manual. Happy as we are floating in the sky as members constantly involve to evolve.

SPEAKER 1.
The first speaker for today is attempting his project 1. Ice breaker. His individual evaluator is _________________. Can I request __________________ to read out the guidelines of project 1 ?
The Speaker registered as a member in April 09. Sooner he registered; the lady luck had blessed him with frequent travels. He neither lost his patience nor perseverance. He consistent passion for public speaking made him take a resolution to start his journey today the first week of 2010. When his mentor Vivek Mishra was not reachable, he pursued to get his speech mentored by Latha. He is a software engineer working with IBM. Lets welcome TM Prithvi Mohan to deliver his CC project 1 titled “ When am I going to take the plunge?”


SPEAKER 2.
The Second speaker for today is attempting his project 2. His is individual evaluator is _________________. Can I request __________________ to read out the guidelines of project 2 ?
The Speaker is a charted accountant. He has a passion to venture out in business. His passion is driving him on and I am sure that we shall soon be having our meet in an AC hall in his restaurant. His project was mentored by CK /Francis Gama/Latha. i.e He sent his speech to CK. When found that CK was busy, Francis took over to complete the task. Sooner, the speaker was busy in laying foundation for business due to which he had to slow down in his TM progress. When I called his last week and requested him to give his speech, he said, ya… The speech is an year old. Let me deliver it as it is time now.” His project title is _____________________________

SPEAKER 3.
The third speaker for today is attempting her project 3. Her individual evaluator is _________________. Can I request __________________ to read out the guidelines of project 3 ?
The Speaker is working with Tata consultancy services as a software engineer. “Happiness is momentary. But Wise is intelligence which stays along with wise. Happy person is not wise. “She is mentored by Pramod Shankar. Her project title is ”GOODBYE DOCTOR”

SPEAKER 4.
The fourth speaker for today is attempting her project 4. Her individual evaluator is _________________. Can I request __________________ to read out the guidelines of project 4 ?
The Speaker is a charted accountant. Off late her love for Tiger Woods’ and golf show that she works for Accenture. Her modest appearance shows that she is working with SAP which is associated with mainframe systems. She is a singer, speaker, stunner with high energy. She has lot of followers in our club. Her speech was mentored by Francis Gama. Her project title is Ba + Na2

SPEAKER 5.
The Fifth speaker for today is attempting his project 4. His is individual evaluator is _________________. Can I request __________________ to read out the guidelines of project 4 ? /
The guidelines are the same as the previous speaker.
The Speaker is a responsible Software engineer. His passion for public speaking and leadership makes him work tirelessly to achieve the expected progress. He is mentored by Latha and His project title is _____________________________

How many of you would like to come up and speak now after seeing our inspiring speakers? Now you will be given a chance. The next session of today is the table topic session. To take us thru this session, I invite a person, who is the youngest in the club, active TM, Mr. Vebhav Bhandari.

We listened. We tried. Now lets take a break before we check back our results.


WELCOME BACK AFTER THE BREAK.
Our ears were filled. Now our stomach is filled. To digest, lets get back to listen to the general evaluator of the day TM Joydeep.

Thank you Joydeep.
I am Happy

I am happy because I always choose the right moment.
I am happy because I am a good listener.
I am happy because I keep my voice down.
I am happy because I do not try to convince others.
I am happy because I do not complain.
I am happy because I do not do two things at the same time.
I am happy because I never think of two objects at the same time.
I am happy because I have realized the truth that the most important thing in my life is self-improvement.
I am happy because I unreservedly accentuate the good in others.
I am happy because I have considerably cut down on my desiring needs.
I am happy because I follow my thought-control programme every day.
I am happy because I never quit.
I am happy because every day I purify my heart by offering my heart of gratitude to the Absolute Supreme.
I am happy because I know that my love of purity works wonders.
I am happy because of a soulful daily prayer of mine, and that prayer is:

“O Beloved Supreme,
O Eternity’s Pilot Supreme,
Do transform the world
Starting with me, my life, my all.”


I am happy because every day I cry and cry to see the Real in me. The Real in me is my oneness divine, unreserved and unconditional, with the Will of my Beloved Supreme.
I am happy not because I am for my Supreme Pilot, not because my Supreme Pilot is for me, but because my Supreme Pilot eternally is. His very existence here on earth, there in Heaven, is my satisfaction. When I try to have Him for myself, I pull Him into my desire-life. But when I am for Him, I carry my desire-life into Him. In no way do I want to bind my Beloved Supreme. From now on my satisfaction, my supreme satisfaction, will lie only in my discovery of the fact that He alone eternally is.






Lyrics to Don't Worry, Be Happy :
(whistling)
Here's a little song i wrote,
you might want to sing it note for note,
don't worry, be happy

in every life we have some trouble,
when you worry you make it double
don't worry, be happy

dont worry be happy now
dont worry be happy
dont worry be happy
dont worry be happy
dont worry be happy
aint got no place to lay your head,
somebody came and took your bed,
don't worry, be happy

the landlord say your rent is late,
he may have to litagate,
dont worry (small laugh) be happy,

look at me im happy,
don't worry, be happy

i give you my phone number,
when your worried, call me,
i make you happy

don't worry, be happy

aint got no cash, aint got no style,
aint got no gal to make you smile
but don't worry, be happy

cos when you worry, your face will frown,
and that will bring everybody down,
so don't worry, be happy

don't worry, be happy now...

don't worry, be happy
don't worry, be happy
don't worry, be happy
don't worry, be happy

now there this song i wrote
i hope you you learned it note for note
like good little children

dont worry be happy

listen to what i say
in your life expect some trouble
when you worry you make it double
dont worry be happy
be happy now

dont worry, be happy
dont worry, be happy
dont worry, be happy
dont worry, be happy
dont worry
dont worry be happy
don't worry, don't worry, don't do it,
be happy,put a smile on your face,
don't bring everybody down like this

don't worry, it will soon pass whatever it is,
don't worry, be happy,
i'm not worried

No comments: